Treatment of the temporomandibular joint
Not only your teeth but also your jaw joint works when chewing, talking or yawning. Few have heard of this joint disorder, but there are many patients suffering from jaw entrapment, recurrent jaw dislocations, unpleasant sounds and pains during yawning or chewing.
Diseases of the temporomandibular joint are treated by dentists specializing in this field. There are only a few such specialists in our country, but we are glad that some of them cooperate with IROK.
It is also important to mention that IROK is a member of the Baltic Functional Dentistry Association (BFOA). This means that patients with jaw disorders in our clinic are treated with the most up-to-date knowledge, modern equipment and treatment methodologies based on detailed research.
Determining the exact causes of jaw joint disorders, especially if these disorders are severe, is quite difficult. Examination of jaw joint disorders is a complex and consistent work performed by specialists in different fields.
In order to accurately diagnose the causes of disorders and prescribe effective treatment, the following indicators need to be evaluated first:
- 1. The condition of the oral cavity;
- 2. Bite regularity and changes;
- 3. Chewing muscle function;
- 4. Neck and head muscle position;
- 5. The level of stress experienced and the peculiarities of physical activity;
- 6. Find out if a person is gritting their teeth or has a strong bite;
- 7. If a person has suffered injuries to the jaw, evaluate the residual phenomena caused by them;
- 8. To evaluate the condition of the temporomandibular joint, the course of movements, the regularity of the joint path, etc.